Mon, Apr 01|
Bay Saint Louis (day 1) and across coast
La Côte en Plein Air
Paint with us, across the coast.
Time & Location
Apr 01, 2019, 8:00 AM – Apr 06, 2019, 8:40 AM
Bay Saint Louis (day 1) and across coast, Bay St Louis, MS, USA
About The Event
La Côte en Plein Air, started in 2018 by Art Space 86, is a week long gathering of painters on the Mississippi Gulf Coast with the purpose of building community among artists and further promoting what they do. This year’s event is co-presented by the Walter Anderson Museum of Art, and invites painters to share in fellowship and creativity through plein air painting in the coast’s myriad environments. Following the week of painting, participants are encouraged to exhibit their work at the Walter Anderson Museum of Art’s Art Cottage. Cost: Free to participate; additional charge for Wednesday workshop
- MONDAY: Paint at Smith and Lens in downtown Bay St. Louis (8 AM - 11 AM). This day is sponsored by Smith and Lens Gallery.
- TUESDAY: Paint on the bayou in Pass Christian at 25258 Notre Dame (8 AM - 11 AM)
- WEDNESDAY: Workshop at the Ohr-O'Keefe Museum of Art in Biloxi by Jackson, MS artist Richard Kelso. 8 AM - 4 PM; $150 (Space is limited. Registration cost does not include lunch. To register, contact Jerrod Partridge at email@example.com.) This day is sponsored by the Ohr-O'Keefe Museum of Art.
- THURSDAY: Paint in Ocean Springs; meet on Washington Ave. in front of the Walter Anderson Museum of Art. (8 AM - 11 AM). This day is sponsored by Hillyer House.
- FRIDAY: Tour of Walter Anderson’s cottage and painting at Shearwater Pottery (8 AM - 11 AM) SPACE IS LIMITED for this day. Reserve your spot by contacting Tony DiFatta at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SATURDAY MORNING: Paint in Moss Point at the Pascagoula River Audubon Center (8 AM - 11 AM)
- SATURDAY EVENING: Exhibition and Reception at the Walter Anderson Museum Art Cottage
Delivery of framed paintings to the Art Cottage (1 - 3 PM)
Exhibition and reception in the Art Cottage (5 - 7 PM)
About Art Space 86
Art Space 86 is owned by Ocean Springs resident and full-time artist Jerrod Partridge. Created in 2013, Art Space 86 was designed to create opportunities for artists and to enrich communities through art. More information about Art Space 86 can be found at www.jerrodpartridge.com/art-space-86.