Join us for a morning of fun, creating, and socializing in our beautiful galleries! We will begin with an introduction to Walter Anderson and his many block prints. Students will create their own design/drawing by either free handing, tracing, or a combination of the two. Each participant will pull 5 prints using a variety of papers and inks. The class will be lead by WAMA Education Director, Heather Carter Rumfelt.
Our classes sell out months in advance, so be sure to book your spot early! Because class size is limited, spots must be paid for at time of reservation.
Cost is $40 | Ages 18+ | BYOB
To reserve your spot call 228-872-3164 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your spot.
Horn Island Excursion
Biloxi Small Craft Harbor
May 6th, 7th, and 8th
Leave Harbor at 7 am
$245 per Person | Registration ends May 1st
Horn Island is a beautiful wilderness area of the Gulf Islands National Seashore. On it, Walter Anderson sought refuge from the world, wrote, and made paintings and drawings of the fantastic plants and animals he found there. WAMA is preparing another trip to take 18 people on an exclusive 3 day, 2 night retreat to this beautiful and inspiring place. We had such a wonderful experience last May that we have decided to do it again. Grab your fishing poles, tents, and art supplies and join us!!
- The "Skipper" at the Biloxi Small Craft Harbor will board us at 7:00 a.m. on Saturday, May 6th.
- WAMA, will provide sandwiches, potato salad, and drinks for lunch on the first day. (around 11:30)
- John Anderson (Walter's son) will be there to guide us, giving us a more personal experience.
- Saturday evening and Sunday will be wide open for island exploration, fishing and producing art work.
- Participants will need to pack their own camping gear, art supplies, and food for Sunday (breakfast, lunch and dinner).
- WAMA will provide water for the entire trip as well as goody bags full of snacks.
- The "Skipper" will pick us up from the island on Monday, around 1 pm.
- WAMA, with the help of Bayview Gourmet, will provide dinner on the return excursion, Monday afternoon.