Horn Island is a beautiful wilderness area of the Gulf Islands National Seashore. On it, Walter Anderson sought refuge from the world, wrote, and made paintings and drawings of the fantastic plants and animals he found there. WAMA is preparing another trip to take 18 people on an exclusive 3 day, 2 night retreat to this beautiful and inspiring place. We had such a wonderful experience last May that we have decided to do it again. Grab your fishing poles, tents, and art supplies and join us!!
- The "Skipper" at the Biloxi Small Craft Harbor will board us at 7:00 a.m. on Saturday, May 6th.
- WAMA, will provide sandwiches, potato salad, and drinks for lunch on the first day. (around 11:30)
- John Anderson (Walter's son) will be there to guide us, giving us a more personal experience.
- Saturday evening and Sunday will be wide open for island exploration, fishing and producing art work.
- Participants will need to pack their own camping gear, art supplies, and food for Sunday (breakfast, lunch and dinner).
- WAMA will provide water for the entire trip as well as goody bags full of snacks.
- The "Skipper" will pick us up from the island on Monday, around 1 pm.
- WAMA, with the help of Bayview Gourmet, will provide dinner on the return excursion, Monday afternoon.